Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue - Overland Park, KS

lunch 7/21

Onion Rings
Cheesy Corn Bake
Cole slaw
BBQ beans
Jacks Best BBQ - Crown Prime Rib, beef ribs, and beef burnt ends.

Onion Rings 3 stack - the onions rings were colossal in size and had a great flavor...not too salty.

Corn bake - a very cheesy, corn and potato chowder.

BBQ - all three pieces of beef were spectacular.  The burnt ends were moist and juicy.  My favorite was the Prime Rib.  I've eaten some good prime rib in my days, but I've never had a BBQ smoked prime rib before.  I could come back and have just the P.R.  

BBQ beans - After hearing that I was going to blog about my eats, my waiter, James, brought me some of the BBQ beans.  He said that I must try them.  Apparently they add 10lbs of meat per 5 gallon batch of the beans.  Then they cook them in the smoker underneath the brisket.  The drippings from the brisket add more flavor to the beans.  Though reluctant to try them for fear of being disappointed, I'm glad I did.  They had a nice balance between sweet, smoky, and tangy.  Great side to an awesome BBQ!





http://www.jackstackbbq.com/

Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue (Overland Park) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment